UPSC IES 2013-2014:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Indian Engineering Services (IES) Entrance Exam twice in a year i.e. in the month of Jan/ Feb or Jun/ Jul to select the qualified Engineers for different Government Organizations.
Applicants who have completed their Engineering and looking for jobs in Government Organizations have opportunity to qualify the IES Exam and get the Job according to their ability.
Here on our web page portalforjobs.com, we are providing you the essential details of UPSC IES 2013-2014 for your convenience.
There is a basic criterion set by the UPSC for the eligibility for IES which is mentioned below:
- Students applying for IES should possess Degree of Engineering from any recognised University/ Institute with good academic records.
- Age of the candidates should be in between 21 to 30 years.
- Candidates should have done Engineering in the respective field’s i.e. Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics & Tele-communication.
Scheme of Examination:
IES Exam consists of 5 Papers and applicants are required to qualify in all the papers to get selected. Details of Papers are as follows:
- Paper I (Objective type): General Ability Test (200 Marks)
- Papers II & III (Objective type): Questions related to their stream for which applicants have opted (200 marks for each paper)
- Papers IV & V(Conventional Type): Related to their stream for which applicants have opted (200 marks for each paper)
Jobs after IES:
List of few Organizations after IES:
· Indian Railway
· Indian Navy
· Defence of India
· Power Corporation
· Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS)
Least but not the last apart from these there are many more Organizations running by Government in which applicants can get job after clearing IES Exam.